Wednesday 4 July 2007

So True.....

Recently I met a woman (Jo) who's husband (Pete) died 12 months ago. It was a strange instance, as I had met Pete about 3 months earlier. Pete had come to me via a mutual friend (Anne). In time, Anne told Jo what had transpired, Jo was curious but left it at that. After 3 months I agreed to meet with Jo and Anne to answer some of her questions.

As I entered her home, I was immediately confused. She had rearranged furniture and Pete was letting her know (a validation). After making this comment, I was led outside, Pete was taking me on a tour of his life on earth and what it meant to Jo. She was in shock at how quick the information came.

It was then, out of the blue, he made reference to her wedding rings. He made comment about her and the rings, something that I was unsure of what I was saying and how it was coming across. It was then I looked up at Jo and Anne and realised they were both in tears, with their eyes and mouths wide open. I stopped. I took a step back, regathering my thoughts. I left it still and quiet waiting to take my lead from Jo and Anne. Anne told Jo point blank that she had not mentioned anything to me.....I was unsure what that meant. Jo cleared the air.

When Jo and Anne were talking in the days prior to my visit, Jo mentioned that she was unsure of when to remove her wedding rings, how much time, who will be hurt, the usual questions. It was a question, put out to the universe, to her husband, seeking guidance as what to do, not a test for me. Well, Pete answered it for her, through me, and she was in a state of shock. The rest of the day was full of validation for Jo.

It was also a day when someone when speaking to their deceased loved one, didn't look up into the sky. Jo asked where he was and she put her shoulders back, head up and at her eye level, spoke to him. To me, that was amazing! That made my day. She could not see him but she trusted in her own senses, without seeing him, she saw exactly the man she needed to. Bliss.

2 comments:

Patricia McNally said...

What a lovely story. Anymore like that will be very welcome. Thanks for the contribution.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Beautiful post and blog!!!

JJ