Saturday 5 May 2007

The Sainsbury's shopping mystery

To this day I cannot return to one particular branch of Sainsburys, because of an incident, which even now remains a mystery not only to me but the staff as well. I had gather a basket full of groceries, which included two packets of smoked salmon pieces (which at that time was the only branch I had found that stocked them). When I arrived at the till and went through the checkout I was about to put my purchaes away including the two packets of salmon pieces when I noticed one had disappeared. The checkout girl looked all around the counter, under the counter and checked my receipt. It had gone through the till, but nevertheless the packet was still nowhere to be seen. She called the assistant manager and I opened my freezer bag to show him it was not in there and he inturn called his manger. They all began to search for the salmon pieces. Meanwhile I was told to go and get another one. They continued searching. When I left the shop they were still searching and I understand from my next visit that it has never been found.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

This may not be as unusual as you think!
Indeed it sounds incredible salmon pieces walking away however if we look at the molecular structure of everything it comes down to cells and atoms that are not solid although they appear this way to the naked eye.
There is also something about our own energy, I have lost count of how many times I have picked up an item in a shop absolutely put it in my trolley and it has mysteriously disappeared I think our own energies can cause all sorts of mysterious blessings and we just need to thank our spirit friends for being with us at all times!

stevespeirs said...

sure it wasn't a red herring?